Regulars ruled out of south african tour
Shani said he is « really concerned » for the health of the 25 players who will take part in the three-Test series against India in Adelaide, due to be held on September 4-6.
« I think we all know that the players will play an impor우리카지노tant role in the tour.
« We have a lot of players to pick from but obviously the situation of the 24 players from the current tour is the big concern of ours.
« The medical staff we have has to look at if it is not possible to bring our players to Adelaide for the series. »
The team’s coach James Faulkner last week called for a quick meeting with the BCCI to discuss how they could accommodate the number of injured players at the game.
« I don’t know about (the BCCI) meeting, but they are certainly aware of what has been happening and they understand we are aware. They should be aware we are aware and they are willing to be honest about this too, » Shani said.
« So if that meeting is called for, yes I think we need a quick meeting. It will take a while, maybe a week, but that meeting is definitely the way to go.
« If they agree to have us at Adelaide and they meet up later, we will see where we are going. We have to respect their decision and let them make the call for us.
Shani’s comments are a major disappointment for the South African cricketers, the players who are competing for the first Test in Adelaide.
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.